The Fresh Water Silver Ion Sterilizer type SILSTER 168 is based on a well proven method used for ages. Using silver ions for disinfection is completely harmless to humans, meeting the requirements of European Community directive 80/778/EEC. The SILSTER 168 automatically sterilizes the water of the fresh water holding tank with no need for crew interaction and practically no maintenance need. Also bunkered water can be sterilized without manual setting of current and time. The long lasting sterilizing effect of the silver ions combined with the fact that it doesn’t change the taste, smell or colour of the water makes it ideal for a number of applications.
The use of silver ions for drinking water disinfection is a well proven and accepted method. This method has been in use for decades and many government authorities have adapted the process as being one of the most efficient way of drinking water treatment. Silver ions do not add taste, smell or change the colour of the water. As long as enough concentration of silver ions is present in the water, there will be no bacteria in the holding tank, or in the water distribution system.
The SilSter 168 unit provides an active dosing of silver ions into a stream of water. This is done by the use of two silver plates in the silver electrode, which are fed with the proper electrical current. A part of the main stream water flow is run through the silver electrode chamber, bringing the produced silver ions back into the main stream of the water. The electrical current is automatically changing directions from one plate to the other, giving a cleaning effect, also providing a very reliable system with a low maintenance effort.
- Capacity up to 10 m3 /h (0.1 ppm ions) or 25 m3 /h (0.04 ppm ions)
- Silver ion concentration within requirements of EC directive 80/778/EEC
- Long lasting water disinfection effect
- User friendly operation, with simple display menu
- Self cleaning electrode, giving a minimum of maintenance
- Taste of water will not be affected
- Electrode surveillance and alarm
- Easy to integrate with the water production systems
- Dual smart inputs for water maker status or flow meters
- Automatic disinfection of bunkered water, no time & current setting needed
- User interface with LCD display and keypad
- Relay outputs for function alarm and valve control
- Power supply 85VAC … 285VAC
- Electrode life time 2.500 m3 (0,1 ppm ions) or 6.100 m3 (0,04 ppm ions)
- Detachable instrument panel for flexible installation