The Oil Contamination Alarm type OILCAP 158 measures capacitance between its rod and the walls of the water tank where it is installed. Lower capacitance indicates a higher concentration of oil in the water. The OILCAP 158 has an adjustable alarm limit, and when the capacitance falls under the set value (the oil concentration rises), a relay with opening and closing contacts is activated with a 1 second delay. When the capacitance again rises above the set value (the oil concentration falls), the relay is deactivated after a delay which is adjustable from 0 to 30 seconds in steps of 2 seconds. The OILCAP 158 is also equipped with an alarm relay to indicate power failure.
- Power supply 100 VAC … 230 VAC
- Relay NC & NO outputs for high oil concentration
- Alarm delay 1 second
- Alarm reset delay adjustable 0 – 30 seconds
- Simple 15 step alarm level and delay setting with DIP switches
- Relay output for power failure alarm
- LED indication of measured level, alarm limit, delay setting, and relay status